Our core Taxation Services consist of...
- Personal Tax
- Tax Returns and Self-Assessment
- VAT Services and VAT Planning
- Property Tax
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Employment Status
- Employee Remuneration Planning
- Contractors and IR35
- Tax Planning
- Tax Enquiries and Investigations
- Tax Investigation Fee Protection
Personal tax services are available both for business owners and private individuals including...
- All aspects of Self Assessment - Tax Returns
- Computation of liabilities;
- Tax enquiries;
- Inheritance tax planning;
- Tax Investigations Service.
Tax Returns should be completed for:
- Individuals and sole traders;
- Limited Companies.
It is important that:
- Returns are correctly completed;
- They are filed on time;
- All backup records are retained for the appropriate period of time.
Penalties are payable for failure to notify, late submission and inaccurate returns.
As well as the completion of your return we can assist with...
- Advising you of your tax liabilities;
- Identifying suitable tax planning opportunities;
- Completing all the necessary tax computations;
- Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC.
For more information, see our introduction to self-assessment
Administering payroll is becoming an increasing burden for many businesses particularly with the introduction of Auto Enrolment for workplace pensions.
We are able to offer a confidential and fully managed payroll service. Our professional team are fully trained to provide the following services:
- Real Time Information (RTI) payroll solution.
- Computerised payroll service.
- Customised payslip and management reports.
- Calculation of PAYE, national insurance, statutory sickpay, statutory maternity pay and statutory paternity pay.
- Calculation of bonuses and employee benefits packages.
- Year end returns including P14 and P60.
- Completion of annual forms P11D (Benefits in Kind) and calculation of Class 1A national insurance.
- Advice and guidance on the requirements of Auto Enrolment.
- Our Tax Investigations Service includes a FREE business legal helpline which includes Employment advice.
For more information, see our...
VAT is simple in its basic concept, the legislation and regulations governing VAT make it a difficult area. Managing your affairs in a complex and ever evolving tax sysyem requires sound planning and advice.
Our trained staff are able to assist in all areas of VAT compliance and enquiries and can provide the technical skills required to deal with:
- Advice on VAT registration;
- Selection of appropriate VAT scheme for your business e.g. Flat Rate Scheme, Cash Accounting;
- Preparation and on line filing of VAT returns;
- VAT health checks which ensure that your business meets its legislative obligations;
- VAT inspections and queries from HM Revenue and Customs.
We will work closely with you to ensure that your VAT affairs are accurate and complete.
Are you a buy to let investor a property dealer or developer?
We are able to advise on a range of issues which are relevant to your circumstances.
For more information see our helpsheets on...
- CGT and your principal private residence.
- Taxation of buy to let properties.
- Using a limited company to save property tax.
Inheritance Tax is generally payable upon death and during a person's lifetime when assets are given away. Inheritance tax can be significant in certain situations and requires planning in order to mitigate any tax payable.
Estate planning is not solely about tax and we adopt a common sense approach, helping you to ensure your own financial needs are met.
For more information see our helpsheets on...
Establishing whether someone is employed or self employed is not as straightforward as it might at first appear. Many people assume they are free to choose, but this is not the case.
Although there is no clear-cut answer as to how you decide if you are self-employed or not, the following should be on your checklist.
Fundamental factors to consider:
- The right to get a substitute or helper to do the job;
- Mutuality of obligations.
Other factors to consider:
- Provision of equipment;
- Financial Risk;
- Basis of Payment
- Opportunity to profit from sound management;
- Whether integral within the organisation;
- Right of dismissal;
- Employee benefits;
- Intention of the parties;
- Length of engagement.
Remuneration packages are important in attracting and keeping the right staff. We offer comprehensive advice on all employment tax issues including...
- Tax efficient remuneration strategies;
- Termination payments;
- Inducement payments;
- Company car and van strategies;
- Benefits planning.
IR35 was brought in to prevent the payment of less tax and national insurance by using a personal service company or partnership to provide services through rather than being a direct employee.
Large amounts of tax and NIC are at stake. Every case needs to be judged on its merits and several factors need to be considered in coming to a conclusion on whether a contract is caught or not.
For more information, see our IR35 and contractors helpsheet.
Trusts aren't just for the wealthy. Trusts can be used as part of a wealth protection strategy to protect assets as well as tax planning vehicles, particularly as part of inheritance tax planning. We can advise on the setting up and running of...
- Discretionary trusts;
- Accumulation and maintenance trusts for children;
- Interest in possession trusts.
Tax planning is a very complex area covering many forms of tax.
We can provide expert guidance for both businesses and individuals. With our extensive experience and knowledge we help clients to understand, minimise and manage their tax liability.
Areas of tax planning include:
- Legal status. Whether to trade as a sole trader/partnership or limited company/LLP
- VAT planning;
- Inheritance Tax strategies;
- Capital Gains Tax;
- Employment status;
- Tax efficient employee remuneration strategies.
It is an unfortunate fact of business life that you may well come under enquiry by HMRC. Individuals and businesses can be selected at random as well as for specific reasons
We have the expertise to assist you should you be selected.
HMRC investigations are an ever increasing threat to both businesses and individual taxpayers. Our Tax Investigations Service is underwritten by Abbey Tax, the UK's premier Fee Protection Insurer for the accountancy profession.
HMRC aims to raise £billions in additional tax this year through more aggressive compliance activity, including tax investigations. In the unfortunate event that you are selected for a tax enquiry by HMRC, representation costs can be significant. The cost of protection is a fraction of the likely costs that would be incurred. Please note that any additional tax and NIC which may become payable as a result of an enquiry will not be covered by the scheme.
Our Tax Investigations Service provides you with complete peace of mind as it covers up to £75,000 of defence costs if you are investigated by HMRC.
Prices range from £30 - £100 + VAT depending on the level of cover required.