Frequently Asked Questions
What services do you provide?
A full range of accounting, book keeping, VAT preparation, payroll services and charity compliance. Advice on taxation, business development and management, company secretarial and management reporting.
Who are these services for?
Our services are designed for individuals, start-ups and small to medium sized enterprises (SME's)
Are you able to act as my accountant, even though I am not based nearby?
Our offices are in Risca, but we have remote access technology that allows us to dial into your IT systems and assist you with your accounting queries instantly, so location is not an issue. We will also travel to your premises in order to work alongside you.
How much do you charge?
Our fees are based on the time we spend on your affairs and the levels of skill and responsibility involved. As the requirements of all our clients are different, we tailor our fees to each individual/business. We would be pleased to quote in advance for our services, during a free initial meeting with you.
How do I change from my current accountant to SGCA?
We are required by the ethical guidelines of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales to follow a prescribed procedure before accepting new clients:
- We advise that you inform your existing Accountant of the proposed change.
- You should then supply us with the contact details of your current Accountant.
- We will then formally write to this Accountant seeking clarification that we are able to accept the appointment.
- The existing Accountant is under a professional duty to reply to this request and advise us accordingly.
- Assuming we are satisfied that we are able to accept the appointment, we will confirm this with you in writing and provide you with our specific terms of engagement.
- We shall then obtain any appropriate information from the previous Accountant and, where relevant, register with HMRC as your new tax agent.
Why Stephen Green Chartered Accountants?
- Our client focused team are here to help you.
- We believe that the success of both our clients and our firm are linked to the quality of the relationship between our staff and our clients and the service we deliver.
- Our client base has traditionally been biased towards SMEs, the family owned or owner managed businesses and the individuals behind them. We therefore intimately understand how such businesses work, what their aspirations are and how they require our help with maximising potential, minimising tax and ensuring compliance.
- We have very high levels of staff continuity. As a client this means that your contact person will possess knowledge of your affairs, which dates back many years.